Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY Oven Cleaner

Its a job we all have to do at times and if you are like me you will put it off until you really have to get down and do it..yep..cleaning the oven!

I have tried so many types of oven cleaner over my lifetime, the ones from the supermarket in the aerosol cans work really well IF you can stand the fumes. Some DIY ones have worked about as good as throwing pure water into the oven then shutting the door!..so my search continued for a good DIY, fume free, oven cleaner that was also good for the environment (and ME)

As you can guess its time for my oven to have a clean, so again I went in search for a DIMyself formula that would be easy on my pocket, easy on my nose and clean well..I think I have found it.

If any of you are interested in trying this new recipe out with me and posting here with  your results..hints, tweaks and improvements if any..I would love some company!

Here you go...I found this recipe in one of the Sydney Essential Oil Companies Newsletters that were sent to me in the mail.

Oven Cleaner

1/4 cup borax (found in the supermarket)
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup bicarb soda (found in the supermarket)
5 drops rosemary essential oil
5 drops lime essential oil

Dissolve the borax in the hot water, add the bicarb soda and the essential oil.

Use a cloth or sponge to apply the mixture to the walls of the oven.

Leave for as long as possible to let the cleaner do its work, then wipe clean with a fresh damp cloth.

from the "A-Z of stain removal" - In The Kitchen section

I am going to try mine out this week..so go have a look in your oven and see if yours needs a clean as well and if it does..why dont you give this a shot with me!

Amanda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can always get all those commercially readily available oven sprays but beware of its substances. Most of them are quite poisonous and can burn off your pores and skin. For a much more delicate-on-the-chemical strategy, why not check out ammonia. Set ammonia in a disposable plastic bowl and depart it inside of your oven overnight. The subsequent day, it will be less complicated for you.


Oven Cleaners GoldCoast
BBQ Cleaners Gold Coast

milly2u said...

Thanks..I have some ammonia here so might give that a whirl

Post a Comment

 
Guilfoyle's Travels. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino