Friday, September 25, 2009

We're going to start to Show Case home and small business's!

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked by followers if I will start to do some show casing of handmade business's and I thought..I already do reviews of products that I have purchased so yes, I could showcase the whole actual business as well!

SO..each fortnight I will showcase a home based or small business here on my blog of those business's that I find who offer great service and products etc.


The very first business I would like to Show Case is none other than MillaRuby Designs!



I have gotten to know Caddie through an online networking group we are both members of called Connect2mums. Caddie is a very friendly small business owner and I count myself lucky to have had this opportunity to get to know her.



Caddie is from Western Australia. She is married and has two gorgeous girls named Millana and Ruby. Caddies girls are her whole world and also her inspiration, so she decided to name her business after them both, and so MillaRuby Designs was born!


While not working, Caddie taught herself to sew. What started out as a hobby though, soon progressed much further as people started wanting garments made for their own children. Caddie didn't want to go back into the work force at that stage as she was really enjoying herself, so she decided to start her own homebased sewing business and see how she went. It was a bit of a gamble at first but as the business grew and expanded, she and her wonderful husband knew she had made a good choice and she was doing what she was good at. Her husband is very supportive and proud of her achievements.


Caddie says that she loves showing her family her new designs and seeing all the excitement in their faces as she designs new things, and this is what keeps her job so special to her, that and wanting other young children around Australia to feel good and look good when they are wearing any of her designs.


As well as making gorgeous and unique clothes for boys and girls, Caddie is also branching out into supplying accessories to complement her MillaRuby clothing range. So you will soon be seeing a variety of bows, ribbons, headbands, again handmade, but by other small business owners, there to match her designs and Caddie herself will make purses to go with them as well!


I suggest you pop on over to her site and have a look around. The clothes are fun, unique and best of all, affordable! To keep the designs unique, all clothing is made in limited numbers, sizes and colours - but if you are after a particular size or colour, I suggest you drop Caddie a line as she will work with you to create exactly what you are wanting as well.

I know I love the fact that not a thousand other little girls are wearing the same clothes that my girls or grand-daughter are wearing, I am sure you will too!

Caddie also makes adorable soft toys, which are perfect for all ages (I recently bought my mother one of her beautiful cuddly owls and she is 65). She uses either chenile or minky material for her soft toys for their tactile appeal and they are easy to wash as well if needed.


I can say that Caddies owls all seem to have a personality of their own (due to being handmade and the love that goes into them I am sure!) and picking which one you will buy is half the fun! I know I took ages picking which one I was going to buy my mum.

Just before I leave you with todays Show Case..I wanted to let you know that Caddie also custom makes pirates. She is very proud of the very first pirate she made - Mick was his name - as it was the first toy she had designed herself. These are only made to order as each one is totally unique. "Mick" was auctioned off for the Jane McGrath Foundation and he had his name and the number 1 tattooed on his arm for authenticity - how cool is that??!!


I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about Caddie from MillaRuby Designs and her business here in our very first Show Case! See you in two weeks for the next showcase!

If you want to keep up with Caddie on her blog go HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Guilfoyle's Travels. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino